COVID-19: BankPurely® Relief Programs and Updates
As concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our area continue, we want to assure you that BankPurely is closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and we continue to take precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
We will continue to provide updates as new information and programs become available. Our goal is to provide information on temporary financial support aimed at helping our customers withstand the financial pressures caused by the COVID-19 health crisis. We also want to make you aware of any security issues or scams that are being utilized by criminals. Below is some useful information and links to some of the programs currently available.
Economic Impact Payments
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security ("CARES") Act, the U.S. Federal Government began delivering "Economic Impact Payments" to eligible Americans. These direct cash payments to individuals and families are for financial relief during the coronavirus pandemic, and are sometimes referred to as "stimulus checks."
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of these payments, and has stated that payments will be sent in waves over the course of multiple weeks into July 2020.
- The IRS will distribute payments using the information that the IRS has on file for each eligible individual or family.
- For most of the recipients, payments will be deposited directly into the same bank account that they have most recently used to receive a tax refund or monthly Social Security payment.
- Others will receive paper checks in the mail, at the address that the IRS has on file for that individual.
- Banks cannot and do not provide personal account or address information to the IRS.
- Direct deposits are posted for open accounts on the effective date set by the Treasury.
Click here for answers to some questions you may have and tools you can use.
At BankPurely, protecting our customers during this uncertain time is our main priority. Criminals are taking advantage of the fears surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic, and fraud-related scams are increasing. Scammers look for opportunities to take advantage of the vulnerable, especially during times of emergencies or natural disasters.
New York Customers
Fees waived effective March 27, 2020 through June 25, 2020. BankPurely will waive overdraft fees for New York customers who demonstrate financial hardship from COVID-19 pandemic. To place a claim for these fees, please call 844.878.7359 (855.858.0999 TTY/TDD), Monday – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET.
We are all in this together and we will get through this together. Our thoughts are for the well-being of you and your family, now more than ever. Please reach out to us at 844.878.7359 (855.858.0999 TTY/TDD), Monday – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, if there is anything that we can do to assist you.